SUPPORT TO LOCAL COMMUNITIES
During 2001 – 2012, The Foundation provided social support and assistance to local governments, work communities, societies, as well as individuals of Cherkasy region.
- In 2001, more than 500 employees of local government bodies in the cities of Zolotonosha, Kaniv, and Drabiv, Zolotonosha, and Kaniv districts received valuable gifts for their professional holiday.
- In August 2002, the Foundation supported the participation of an enterprise of Cherkasy region in the 7th specialized international exhibition “Bakery and Confectionery 2002”.
- In 2003, 5 sets of copying equipment were donated to the Zolotonosha City Council and the district councils of Drabiv, Kaniv, Chornobai, and Zolotonosha districts.
- In 2004, financial assistance was provided to five families, victims of fire from Shramkivka village in the Drabiv district.
- In 2007-2008, educational trips to the Ukrainian Parliament were organized for leaders of Cherkasy region local government bodies. In total, the Parliament was visited by more than 300 members of the city councils of Zolotonosha and Kaniv, village councils of Drabiv, Zolotonosha, Chornobaiv, Kaniv districts. The heads of veterans’ organizations including village elders, history teachers, and heads of rural communities joined those trips. They familiarized themselves with the work of parliamentary committees, parliamentary factions and groups, as well as with the procedure for forming and submitting draft laws, and had an opportunity to communicate with the state leadership about the problems of local communities. They took part in book presentations, communicated with lawmakers.
- In April 2012, more than 11, 000 Easter embroidered towels (rushnyk) were presented to local communities of Cherkasy region in the cities of Zolotonosha and Kaniv, Zolotonosha, Kaniv and Cherkasy districts.
- In 2012 a laptop was donated to the Association of Visually Impaired in Zolotonosha.
- In 2010-2012, 150 bicycles for postal workers were donated to local communities of Cherkasy region, Drabiv, Chornobaiv, Zolotonosha and Cherkasy districts.
- In 2011, technical support was provided to rural communities of Cherkasy region. In particular, laptops were donated to the communities of the villages of Pischane, Palmira, Kanivshchyna, Kovray, Chapaiivka of Zolotonosha district and Tubiltsi village of Cherkasy district.
- In 2002-2011, over 200,000 Christmas gifts were delivered to schools and preschool institutions of Cherkasy region in Zolotonosha, Drabiv, Kaniv, Cherkasy and Chornobaiv districts, as well as the cities of Zolotonosha and Kaniv.